The Paddy’s Day Food Parade is back, folks, and, once again, the floats are heaving with edible delights to help you celebrate the Irish national holiday. Soda bread is as popular as ever this year, as is the combination of beef ‘n’ Guinness, while ice cream, with occasionally surprising ingredients, gets a float all to itself this time ’round. Needless to remark, you’ll find potatoes almost everywhere you look, as is only right and proper.
Click on the links below to zoom directly to your favourite parade floats or browse at your leisure. For your delectation, we have:
– A Drinks float to get you started.
– A Breakfast float, because you’ll be needing some soakage after that early drink.
– A Soda Bread float, because you can never have enough of the stuff.
– There’s a Starters And Sides float to whet your appetite for the dinner to come.
– Moving on to the main course? Try the ever popular Beef ‘n’ Guinness float.
– Beef not your thing? Check out the Meaty Not Beefy float.
– Got room for dessert? There’s a float full of Sweet Stuff right here.
– If you like a bit of cold, creamy dairy goodness, you should skip straight to the Ice Cream float.
– And, finally, when you find yourself with a case of the munchies at the end of the night, the Late Night float is the place to be.
Once again, I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated, your efforts are much appreciated. Now, if you’re all quite ready, I’ve got a parade coming through! And if you should have any energy left after the parade, I’m also guest posting over at Boulder Locavore on the topic of St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland, so hop on over here to see what I had to say.
Fear not. I have not, in point of fact, departed the earth’s cosy atmosphere.
I do, however, have something for you that might be considered, well, a little out there.
To borrow a Star Trekkin’ phrase, it’s risotto Jim, but not as we know it. Because why? Because potatoes have boldly gone where no potatoes have gone before: they have replaced rice as the risotto Chief of Starch.
Places everybody. Parade coming through. A veritable feast of food and drink inspired by that most Irish of holidays, St. Patrick’s Day, is coming your way.
Yes, you’ll find a heap of soda bread amongst the parade participants and, yes, you’ll also see a distinct fondness for the combination of beef and Guinness (in fact, Guinness plus just about anything), but there are a few less-than-traditional surprises in there too – coconut faux-tatoes anybody?
Click on the links below to jump straight to your favourite parade floats or just browse the lot while sipping a cup of tea or perhaps a pint of the black stuff, given the day that’s in it. The running order includes: