Warm Strawberry And Brandy Sauce
- 200g strawberries
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tblsp brandy
- 0.25 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sour cream (optional)
- Wash the strawberries, pat dry and chop roughly
- Place a frying pan over a medium-low heat. When hot add the butter and allow to melt.
- When the butter has melted, add the strawberries, sugar, brandy and orange zest to the pan. Stir to mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have started to soften and release their juices, around 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, taste and add more sugar if you like and/or stir in the sour cream.
- Serve warm with pancakes and more sour cream or with vanilla ice cream.
- For a sauce without the brandy kick, you could try replacing the brandy and orange zest with orange juice.
- Serves around 3-4 as a topping for pancakes or ice cream.