It’s simple, really. Take however much whiskey you’d like, dilute with as much boiling water as you’d like, adding a touch of sugar, lemon and cloves. You need more instructions? Alright, then…
- Makes one hot whiskey drink, which may well lead to another; if you count kettle boiling time, this’ll take no more than 5 min to prepare
- 35ml measure Irish whiskey
- 125-150ml boiling water plus more for scalding the glass
- slice of lemon
- 3-4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp sugar
You’ll also need:
- Heatproof glass, preferably with a handle
- Stick the cloves into the lemon slice.
- Heat the glass by rinsing out with some boiling water.
- Add the sugar and boiling water to the glass and stir to dissolve.
- Add the lemon slice and whiskey, stir to mix, and enjoy.
- Dilute to your own taste. Add more sugar if you like or use honey to sweeten instead. Other than that, there’s no real need to tinker with such a classic.