The Hennessy Miami
Based on watching Alan, these seem roughly to be the proportions that he used, though, in the interests of thoroughness, I did have to mix one or two of these myself using that bottle from the back of the cupboard. I’ll just say that these proportions tasted good to me – though I have seen versions on the net that use relatively more cognac, so, if you feel like making it more alcoholic, be my guest.
Oh, and I guess you could try this with other cognacs but, shhh, don’t say I said so.
You’ll need, per serve:
- 2 tblsp Hennessy VS
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1.5 tsp sugar syrup (made from half & half sugar & water)
- 4 or more mint leaves
- ice cubes
You’ll also need:
- Cocktail shaker and general cocktail paraphernalia would be handy and kindof professional-looking but really not essential – you just need something with a lid to shake this in
- You can either watch the video of Alan below or…
- Bang the mint leaves between your palms to release some of the oils, tear and add to your cocktail shaker (real or improvised version).
- Add the cognac, lime juice, sugar syrup and some ice cubes, shake well and serve over ice.
- Alan did another version of this when we were there, adding some apple juice and manuka honey and it was rather nice
- Cocktail for one, though you’ll undoubtedly need to make more than that