Mock Tuna Salad with Chickpeas
This is not so much a recipe as a guideline. Use tinned chickpeas for convenience or cook up some dried chickpeas in a pressure cooker if you’re so inclined.
For 1 generous lunch portion I used:
- 150g cooked chickpeas, mashed roughly
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- approx 1 tblsp mayo (I used Hellmans)
- approx 1 tblsp natural yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper and coarse salt to taste (I used Maldon sea salt)
- 1-2 tblsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- good splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all of the ingredients together, adjusting quantities to your taste.
- Serve on lettuce, crackers, pita bread or whatever else takes your fancy.
- I meant to add some finely chopped red onion to this, but I forgot. I’ll do that next time.