Rice Cookies With Walnuts
The Cookie Bits:
- 225g rice flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter or a veg-based margarine for dairy-free cookies
- 1 egg
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g chopped walnuts
- One large baking tray, covered with a piece of baking parchment
- Cream the butter or margarine and sugar with a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat ’til smooth.
- Fold in the rice flour and walnuts to make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle some rice flour on the baking parchment.
- Form the dough into balls, place on the tray, then flatten to a height of about 0.5cm.
- Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on the baking parchment for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.